If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday 24 October 2013

Remembering

It has been a very sad time this week with the death of my dearly loved Auntie Nellie who was very close to my Mum. Auntie Nellie was the wife of a farmer and was very busy. She worked tirelessly for her local church and many charities including the cancer auxiliary at one of the large regional hospitals. She was a fantastic cook and adjudicated as a judge in the cookery section at many country shows. She will always be remembered fondly and so sadly missed.


I have done very little sewing and can't seem to settle to do anything. I was looking at the free sewing alpha over on the Bernina blog and with the letter U being put up for download thought it may be a good idea to make a bag for my quilting ruler. It always seems to be hanging out of my tote boxes whenever I have to take it anywhere. Think the bag will have the front embroidered with the word "ruler" and  a pocket for the rotary cutter. May also perhaps put some other pockets on the back of the bag. May be a little while down the track before I get it sewn out but at least the embroidery design is ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Aunty.
    Ruler bag what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your loss. Very nice to have had her for so long! Peace and hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete