If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 8 March 2013

What do they say?- It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind

After much looking at from a distance, looking up close, walking away and then coming back countless times I decided I did not like my fabric for my new Hatched  in Africa Floral Sketches BOM. I initially wanted punchy colours tempered with a light black and white print calm things down. I was also determined to use fabric from my stash but was not going to embark on making two quilts and not like my fabric. Please send me an email if you wish to join this free BOM.

Block 1 Floral Sketches BOM (using 5x7 designs) -with new fabric palette

Block 1 Floral Sketches BOM (using 6x10 designs) -with new fabric palette
After my trip to school yesterday for morning tea I stopped in at our local patchwork store Cranberry Crafts in Ulverstone and found  the Cuzco fabric line by Kate Spain. It had orange in it and I wanted that in my colour palette so I was sold on that. Also decided I liked the light print  for the borders or part of them. 
 
Shirley has sent in a pic of her completed Blackwork Birds quilt and doesn't it look sensational. This quilt was one of my BOM's and if you would the link to download the lessons please send me an email.
Shirley's Blackwork Birds Quilt
DeeEllen had also sent in a pic of her first two blocks of the Aristocat BOM.
Dee Ellen's Blocks 1 and 2
 
I will be sending out the instructions for Floral sketches Block 1 and Aristicats Block 3 over the weekend to those who have signed up for these free BOM's

2 comments:

  1. Vicki! Very pretty and colorful. Love it. Nice work with the Cuzco fabrics. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate. It has been difficult for me to find yardage for two quilts but think I have done it. Love your fabric line! Think I might do another quilt with another set of designs using Honey, Honey.

    ReplyDelete