If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday 7 March 2013

Floral Sketches BOM Block 1

It has been very hot here today and not the best for sewing (especially making flying geese) but I have made Block 1 in the new Floral Sketches  BOM. I now have three BOM's underway, Kenny Kreations Crazy Quilt, Hatched in Africa Aristocat and now Floral Sketches showcasing the same named designs also from Hatched in Africa. Floral Sketches BOM is a first in that I am doing two quilts simultaneously. One using  the 5x7 embroideries and the other 6x10 or 8x10.

I am using fabric from my stash. Ladies in Australia may have these fabrics as they were fat quarters provided by a  craft magazine publisher as part of their subscriptions. Basically I am using the same colour palette for both but both quilts will have subtle differences in colours. I am also using a small black and white print in both. Black and white highlights any colour palette. The small black and white is from Spotlight here in Australia and is  extra wide 100% cotton sheeting fabric for $16.99 a metre. It may not be the best colour scheme but I hope it will come together.
Floral Sketches BOM Block 1 using 5x7 designs

Floral Sketches BOM Block 1 using 6x10 and 8x12 designs

If you would like to join this free BOM just send me an email.

1 comment: