If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Lots of bits and pieces today

I have a mini roundup of what I am currently working on and also a couple of pics sent in by people working on my BOM's.

I have subscribed to a digital edition of Quiltmaker magazine so that I could get the instructions for Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt called Lazy Sunday that she is doing as a four part series. As the next part is due out in a week or so I thought that I had better get a wriggle on and finish part 1. I just love he bright fresh colours . I am using black and white again for my  light background colour as well as purple, hot pink, orange and teal aqua.  You have probably all seen my Easy Street mystery quilt which Bonnie featured on her blog at the end of last year and is still available for download.

Lazy Sunday Mystery Quilt Part 1
I have also completed Block 14 in my Kenny Kreations Crazy Quilt BOM. This BOM will be 64 blocks in total. I will be writing up the lesson later on today and sending that out to those participating tonight.
Crazy Quilt Block 14







Nancy has sent in another pic of the Aristocat BOM quilt in progress.  We are now half way as the quilt will have 12 blocks in total.

Nancy's Artisocat quilt in progress
To conclude this post I now have a special quilt that has been finished to show you. Alana from Queensland has completed the Giraffe BOM quilt and I think you will all agree with me that it is just spectacular to say the least. Her treatment of the border is wonderful and is a great way to use up left over pieces if you have not got them planned in another project. The fancy sttiches on her machine also got a workout as she sttiched a border around each embroidered block.
Alana's Giraffe quilt


1 comment:

  1. Just happened upon your blog and so happy to have found you! I am just learning to quilt and am particularly interested in machine Crazy Quilting. I am a subscriber now! Thank you so much for offering your insights and instructions.

    ReplyDelete