If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 15 March 2013

Floral Sketches Block 2

This morning it has rained and it is no longer humid and revolting. I hop it is not too cold down at the  penguins tonight.
 
I have spent the morning working on Block 2 of Floral Sketches BOM using the Hatched in Africa Floral Sketches 2 designs. I think I am probably the first mad person to try and do matching BOM quilts, one with the 5x7 design set and one with the 6x10 design set. Both blocks end up at 16 inches square. In reality you can choose which block to use for each particular block placement. For example I could use Block 1 large with Block 2 small and they will fit together. I really like this  Moda Cuzco line of fabric by Kate Spain.
You can still sign up to for this free BOM by sending me an email.
Floral sketches Block 2 with 5x7 designs

Floral sketches Block 2 with 6x10 designs
Blocks 1 and 2 Large

Blocks 1and 2 Small.
As you can see I have transposed where their placement form one quilt to another.
I have also started stitching out a BOM using Floral Sketches 1.
 
Hop on over to  Oregon Patchworks and pick up 1 or all of the 10 of Hatched in Africa's $1 sets. They are at the top of this page but only for a couple more days. I could not believe that the Peapod Babies were there so I snapped them up to make a baby quilt down the track.
Linda's Block 4

Nancy's Blocks 1-3
 
A few more cat pics have come in from Lind and Nancy. It is just so great to see these and I think you will agree with me that it gives us incentive to get more of our blocks done.

No comments:

Post a Comment