If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 2 November 2013

Bright start to Sunday and some pinkwork to share

I am up bright and early as my sewing girls are coming this morning to make some strip pieced Christmas stockings. I have embroidered names on some white fabric and they are going to be the cuffs of the stockings. If the stockings turn out OK I will do little tutorial for later on in the week if anyone is interested
Ann sent me this picture of her gorgeous pinkwork giraffe quilt she made using the Giraffe BOM that I ran last year. Who says blackwork or redwork has to be that
.
This is what she wrote

Hi Vicki 
 I have finally finished the giraffe quilt for my granddaughter.  She is three.  When she was born she was given a pink giraffe.  Jerry - a girl according to Elise - goes everywhere with her and is well worn. When I asked Elise what she would like if I made her a quilt for her bed, the answer of course was a pink giraffe quilt. Consequently an embroidery machine had to be bought and I had to learn how to use it. Thanks to you and your great instructions I have now finished the quilt and have learnt some of the skills needed to get the job done. Thank you Vicki.
Hugs and sunshine
 Ann

Ann's Pink Giraffe quilt

2 comments: