If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 1 October 2011

Four Months of Blogging and New Quilt top

Red-Black and White Quilt Top
I have been blogging for four months this weekend . The time has gone so quickly. I have had nearly 50 000 page loads during that time which I find truly amazing. I certainly hope people are enjoying the projects I design and find them useful. I receive very little personal feedback from people so assume they either hate what I do and toss the project downloads out in the recycle bin or put them to good use.

I have spent the weekend designing and making this quilt. It is the first black and white quilt I have made as they are just not my decorating colours at all. The designs are from the free paisley set being given away by BFC designs. The direction the quilt has taken has changed as I have gone along which is always the case for me. I have used the folded Bow tie block (also called 10 Minute Quilt Block) in four of the squares. Also added a few flowers from another of the designs to one of the paisley swirls.

I hope to get the quilt top quilted and will have a tutorial up on the blog in the next day or so.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki
    It is so amazing how you come up with so many projects, very nice ones at that. You must never sleep.
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning design Vicki, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Vicki! You have done so much in 4 months. I'm stunned and amazed that you get so many tutorials up. Thank you so much for your hard work.

    Actually, your blog is one of my favorites these days because you have such nice projects and also because your work inspires me.

    Once again, thanks and congrats!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found that ten minute block a while back and used it in a quilt, it is very versatile. Thanks for all the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again Vicki
    I'm always visiting your blog to see what new ideas you are creating. Your talents are much admired and appreciated.
    Best wishes
    Dawn Holmes

    ReplyDelete