If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 26 July 2014

Bridie's Blessings 1 Metre Wonder Quilt tutorial

I have had a few people ask me for the exact measurements and directions for the quilt I make for the local women's shelter that I call my Bridie's Blessings 1 Metre Wonder quilt.
This lovely sized 4x5 block lap quilt measures 40 1/2 inches x 48 1/2 inches when finished. You can change the orientation to 5x4  blocks as seen below. 

This quilt uses just 1 yard of the focus fabric used in the pieced the blocks, borders and also the binding if you have just a little over 1 yard. It can definitely all be cut form 1 metre which measure 39 inches. Apart from the fabric used for the embroidered blocks you need just 9 inches of the contrast fabric used in the pieced blocks
 
How many of us have purchased 1 yard cuts of those "I just have to have a piece of that " fabrics?

You can download the tutorial for this quilt from HERE


2 comments:

  1. I would like you to contact me as I'am interested in your BOM quilts. Thank you Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like you to contact me as I'am interested in your BOM quilts. Thank you Sharon

    ReplyDelete