If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday 1 October 2014

What a week!

When I look back over the past week it has gone in a blur.
Last Monday we started replacing the carpet and vinyl in the main living areas of the house. The last of the vinyl was replaced on Friday. All of those cabinets and nits were full and had to packed up, moved and unpacked again.
Lounge before


Lounge after

Saturday night was the first night of the new Lillico Little Penguins guiding season. It was cold but very enjoyable as we saw quite a few penguins emerging for the water. I took the pics below of the sunset



and seaweed on the beach.l I thought these two pieces of sponge looked like the indents in a human brain.



I have been meaning to take a pic looking through this bush to the beach for a while and although this one is good I will continue to take more.
On Sunday Anna( Bridie's Mum) and I had an information stall at the first Tasmanian Pregnancy Loss walkathon. Parents and friends came to walk in memory of their angel babies. It was a very windy day and my lovely satin table skirt would not hold so we had to use unflattering safety pins. We handed out quite a few of our keepsake hankies.




I must say a heartfelt thanks to Rachel who has generously sent these lovely lace angels to be included in future Bridie's Blossom's packs.


I have also finished lining the remaining nine little wooden boxes for the Gateway Church Heavens' Care program. One of our local businesses Jan's Discount Fabrics has generously provided the satin fabric wadding etc to complete these boxes over the last couple of years and continues to do so .






It is probably no surprise that yesterday was spent in my jamas and on the couch. I seem to have picked up an infection and had the chills in bed last night but things are much better today although I am still a bit under the weather. I hope to have the next lots of blocks out in our quilt BOM over the weekend .

No comments:

Post a Comment