If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday 17 July 2011

New Reversible Apron -Pattern and Tutorial- link now working

Scallop Edge Reversible Apron 1
Scallop Edge Reversible Apron
Scallop Edge Reversible Apron 2
Scallop Edge Reversible Apron 2

You may download the pattern and instructions by clicking on the words.The link I posted yesterday was not working. I just redid this blog posting and lost the whole lot from my previous post.
Many of us have aprons for special occasions such as Christmas and never get to wear them for the rest of the year. You can use this design apron for a couple for holidays if you wish. The red theme would go with Christmas and also Valentine's Day.The length of apron is such that you could cut the middle section out of a special fat quarter you may have.
I have used Bunnycup designs for my aprons. The chartreuse green and white fabric inspired me to use the Fantasy Flowers Redwork set as the motifs are very similar. On the Christmas one I have used the Christmas Tree from the Christmas Jumbo Applique set.The other side of the apron uses another of the  Tweet Thing designs as well as one from the Swirly Doodads set.

If you have embroidery software, do not be afraid to combine elements from different sets as you can see what they will look like before stitching them out.

Once you get the hang of making this apron design it is very easy and you can design away to your heart's content. Embellishments such as specialty buttons ,ric rac etc would look fantastic on these aprons. Also once you have one side completed you can use that as a pattern to make the lining for the back from a single piece of fabric if you wish.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki, thanks for posting this! I do want to let you know that the instructions button is sending us back to simply the pattern. I can't wait to do one of these!
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, Thanks so much for the pattern. I see great Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vick, What a wonderful apron. I have lately been looking for different aprons. Thanks for sharing

    Kathryne

    ReplyDelete