If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 8 July 2011

Fabric Printed Embroidered Pillow


Image transferred using T shirt transfers
 Thought I would share with you the first project I ever did combining image transfer and machine embroidery. The image is the same as the one I used for the coat hanger cover-closet safe tutorial a couple of posts ago. This image is a T shirt transfer that I ironed onto calico or quilter's muslin. I then embroidered around the design picking up the rose theme. The lace was added to cover the straight edges of the image. I also made a quilt using the same method and will post that a little later.
This time of year at school is frantic with report writing etc so may not be much extra time for any projects and tutorials.

1 comment:

  1. Vicki this is really beautiful. I have never thought of combining the two and my mind is whirling with ideas now. Thank you so much for all of your creative ideas. I need a jump start to get going most of the time.

    ReplyDelete