If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 9 March 2012

Quilt top finished and long weekend

I have finished stitching together my applique elephant quilt top. I hope to get it quilted and write a tutorial over this long weekend that we have. I always plan to do too many things over a long weekend. This quilt top design has been floating around in my head ever since  I did the Pasiley Parade quilt and I was looking for the right designs. Although all the finished blocks are 12 1/2 inch square the usable stitching insert space changes according to the block orientation. Once again all the sashing is made up from 2 1/2 strips, making it a great quilt to use up fabric ends we may have.
I also need to stitch some personalised pillowcases that are special requests for brand new babies. The hardest part is trying to decide what designs to put on the pillowcases other than the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment