|Tea Towel Apron 1|
|Tea Towel Apron 2|
I spent the day this afternoon making these two tea towel aprons. I bought the two tea towels from a discount store called Best and Less in Australia and they are on special this week for $2.50. The tea towel designs are just perfect for these quick tea towels aprons.
1. Cut 3 straps x 3 inches wide x width of the fabric and with right sides together end to end .
2. Cut the pocket section 16 inches wide x 16 inches high. With right sides together stitch across the ends . Turn through and take everything to the iron. (Apron,pocket,straps)
a) Measure the apron where the turnings are going to go as per the video by Jenny Doan and press in place.
b) Press the pocket
c) Press the straps as per the video
3. Trim your apron with your rotary cutter and turn under the ¼ inch seam allowances to form the casings as you do so.
4. Stitch the side casing sections of the apron
5. Stitch lace across the top of the apron if you wish. The ends will be caught under the side as you stitch it down.
6. Place the pocket on the apron so that the folded section is downwards .It is virtually upside down and we will flip it upwards later
7. Stitch across the long side of the pocket and then flip up towards the top.
8. Pin in place
9. Stitch down one side of the pocket ,across the bottom making sure that you have enclosed that raw wedge inside the pocket and finish by going up the other side
10. Stitch the centre divider for the pocket. It is best to stitch this from the bottom to the top in case your fabric s moves and you get a bubble.
11. Stitch your straps as per the video
12. Thread the straps through the apron and you have finished.