If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday 11 October 2020

My work is again in full swing

 It has been a while since my lost post. I have not been very productive in terms of quilt making etc as the events of the last few months have caught up with me. I have still been fulfilling requests for stillborn packages and fidget quilts for hospitals and remembrance packages for families.. Times have certainly been very challenging but we are both well with both our check ups being clear.

I am pleased and very thankful to say that my husband has finished his course of radiation and is healing very well. It is very disappointing that we are unable to travel to the mainland to see our daughter and she is not able to come to see us. Hopefully it won't be another 12 months before we get to see her. It was certainly difficult not having her close by to support her father.
The last week or so I have been embroidering designs to make into quilts for our local women's shelter. I normally gift them around 45 each year but have not bee able to do any this year. I hope to have around 20 by  Christmas for them. Below are just some of the embroideries to date.




I have also just completed another set of white lace bags for our major regional hospital. They are used by hospital staff and families to carry the tiny wooden coffins of miscarried babies.



Last Tuesday I was also extremely proud to have change made to an inconsistent benefit payment that was made to stillborn babies in Australia. My small input has resulted in making what is a heartbreaking and tragic time a little easier.

I have also made a collection of care bags and teddy bear sets to be given to women in Tasmania undergoing treatment for gynaecological cancer.










No comments:

Post a Comment