If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 7 March 2020

The year is marching on

Once again I have been very tardy with my blog posts. I have had a few health issues over January and February but hopefully on the mend now.

Today is international Women's Day and I made this video for Australia Day Tasmania. I hope it resonates with all of the sewers in the world who dedicate a large portion of their time doing charity and volunteer work.

Here is the original post on Facebook with the video

and also the video 


I also gave the Australia Day address at the Devonport Australia 
Day celebrations.

Devonport Australia Day 2020

I recently completed some more bags to be given to ladies undergoing treatment for gynaecological cancers here in Tasmania. The bags are filled with care items by a group called  Flickering Memories and are then distributed by a clinical nurse consultant. Along with the bags I also completed a number of little teddy and key tag sets to be given to ladies in consultations etc.
Women's Gynaecological Care Bags





Also completed some Bridie's Blossoms layette packages for stillborn and miscarried babies and early pregnancy loss keepsake packages for the major birthing hospital in Tasmania. 
Bridie's Blossoms Layette packages




There have been numerous requests for remembrance  keepsake packages from families who have an angel baby and these are just of them that have posted out in recent weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment