If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 23 May 2014

Busy week again and the first Bridie's Blessings delivery

This week has flown by once again. 

Yesterday I delivered the first lot of quilts in our Bridie's Blessings project to a local women's shelter. I handed over 8 quilts to the ladies who were just so apprecative to receive them. I asked them if they would like some embroiered/knitted/crocheted toys and they would also welcome any gifts of those.
Bridie's Blessings Quilts 1

It has been a cooperative effort to get this first lot of quilts done. I have had some Loony Tunes fabric for quite some time but do not have a Brother Embroidery machine with those Licensed designs on them so a kind friend who has such a machine has stitched out some blocks for me to use. Think that I will get 2-3 quilts out of the fabric. 


Remember those tulip designs from Sew4Home, they will be made into 3 lovely lap quilts. The fabric is a beautiful piece of Japanese poly cotton. ( Don't tell the quilt police).

Our little Tuesday sewing group had a visit from Robyn, one of my loyal blog followers who was visiting from New south Wales. She gave me a beautiful present of these lovely fabrics. She know the colours I love well! It is such a pleasure for me to meet my blog followers and the ladies had a lovely afternoon together.
Elizabeth completed adding the strips to her Embellished Dogs Block 2
Elizabeth's Embellished Dogs Block 2

I hope to have Block 5 of Embellished Dogs and Block 6 of Embellished Cats out to those receiving these BOM's some time over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment