If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 11 February 2012

Toddler Overalls Tutorial and Pattern Uploaded

Toddler Overalls

Overalls Front bib

Overalls Side

Overalls Back
I have just uploaded a pattern and tutorial for some toddler overalls. These overalls were adapted from a pattern that my mother used for me 55 years ago. They have a covered in back which makes them ideal for when baby is crawling. I have not put snaps down the leg seams for easy nappy changing but that can easily be done. I have made these overalls in a corduroy but used a fat quarter to line the bib front and back.However, I then decided that the lining looked better on the front so switched it around with the corduroy now the lining. The pattern will fit babies ranging in age from around 6 to 18 months. I have made the leg length quite generous.
You can find the PATTERN HERE and the TUTORIAL HERE

3 comments:

  1. Cute fabrics. I always hate putting in the snaps! I guess I should consider making some for one of my great nieces. She will be crawling soon. Winter has hit our area (the South in USA) finally, so corduroy would be a good thing.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pattern Vicki. Thank you. I have never been able to get snaps in the right way. A few months ago I bought one of those pliers they make just for snaps so I'm crossing my fingers that will help me master snaps.

    Is there any way you can put a marking on your patterns that we can use to be sure our patterns are printing at the correct size? Like a one inch square box or line or something? It would help a lot if you could. Thank you so much for these overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Vicki ,will do that in future

    ReplyDelete