If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 25 February 2012

Children's Name Pillowcases

Children's Pillowcases 1

Children's Pillowcase 2
I have spent the weekend making some name pillowcases for the children of colleagues at school. I fear that I may have unleashed a monster as others see them and request them for their family members both young and old! I have made one from a purchased pillowcase and then the other from some sheeting by the metre. By the time you have to unpick the purchased pillowcase I think you are better off to make one from scratch. I have made them using the little envelope insertion end as I like to see the pillow nicely tucked out of the way.
I have used designs from Bunnycup Embroidery. For both pillowcases I used the  Pattycake Alpha which has both upper and lower case letters. I also used some of the dinosaurs from the Dinomite set to trim Harrison's pillowcase. Holly's pillowcase was trimmed with appliques from the Feels Like Spring  and Lots of Dots applique sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment